i sat back and enjoyed my 18, 19 and a half, and 21 year old "children" the other day. they have started to develop an adult relationship with each other, while carrying the childhood one along with it. it is truly one of the most wondrous things to witness. recently, my son, as you may have seen in an earlier post, was involved in a serious car accident. he suffered an injury to his brain. our family dynamic is, for the time being, different. he, who is my oldest, is more like my youngest. my two daughters, whom have always been his little sisters, have taken over the big sister roles. i am such a fortunate woman for my daughters to have stepped into shoes that noone would ever want to have to walk in and have done so without ever skipping a beat or giving it a second thought. to be a part of this healing process for our entire family, and to be a part of their brothers care in such a loving, concerned, and unselfish way makes me so proud of them. i have told my girls these same thoughts. i wanted to share them here as well.