Wow! This site is filled with interesting, talented women. Amazing, really.

I also love antiques but I'm trying to stay away from buying any more. I like anything with horses and have western and English riding pictures & knick knacks everywhere in my house. I also have old furniture and tools that belonged to grandparents and my parents. I like the history of old things, the connection to family and the past.

I'm jealous of Sandra's riding area. I'm on 9 acres. I also ride in a neighbor's woods but it's not much space and not very good footing. Plus, with 2 inseparable horses, it's tough to go out on my own and I'm always struggling on finding a way to ride without getting injured. [Eek!] A flat, fenced in arena with soft sand (instead of clay) would be nice.

Julie, I also love to sing and play flute and piano but it's tough to find the time. Unfortunately, my church doesn't have a choir because I'd love to sing in one. [Embarrassed] They have soloists every Sunday, really good ones with their own CDs.

I'm trying to write a book and get some short stories published to build up my confidence. I like writing but hate the business part of it, like submitting stuff.

I love to read, but have a hard time sticking to one book at a time. I usually have 5 books I'm reading at once and don't finish any of them before I find another book I want to read. What's that all about? Hmmm...I kind of have a hard time sticking to and finishing anything. [Frown]

My son goes to an arts high school 35 miles away and lives on campus so I only see him on weekends. I love reading the things he writes and seeing what his imagination puts into his paintings. We have a similar sense of humor and I enjoy our conversations and the resulting laughter.

Meredith, I'm with you on the migraine madness. If you find anything that works, let me know. I would love to get back all the time I spend in bed with an ice pack on my head. I would also like to know how you manage to lift weights without straining something. I broke my right collar bone and wrist 14 months ago (a result of falling off a horse onto frozen ground). The bones are healed but now everything aches, especially my elbow at the moment. I use really light weights with a lot of repetition but have had to stop for now. It's discouraging as I'm trying to build up my bones.

Oops, this is suppose to be about hobbies, not ailments. Sorry.

I like web development and design (although I'm an amateur). I like editing photos and trying to make things look cool and interesting.

I long to spend more time with friends, of which I have few. I don't know if it's a time and location problem or if I'm just not much fun. Sigh... It's much easier for me to write than it is for me to talk, at least until I've been around someone for a long time. I have a hard time approaching people, thus I don't know any of my neighbors. I'm trying to find a writer's group that is in my neck of the woods, or something like that, to meet like-minded peoples.

Okay, that's enough already.