All of these stories are fascinating. If posible, I would like to hear the outcome of your story smilinize. Maybe one day you can share with us.

I have had many expereinces with spirits and firmly believe in the afterlife and the ability for a spirit that has pased on to "connect" with us.

It is very easy to convince ourselves of coincidences when if given the chance, we would see the real communication.

When I lived aboard ship, the crew knew we had a spirit or two living aboard. Nothing else explained for us, the reason we woke out of a sound sleep and would go look at a part of the ship or rigging and see something that needed immediate attention, or disaster would strike. This happended maybe 15-20 times in 10 years to about 6 different people.

One evening, after docking I went below to get an armload of beer for the rest of the crew to savor while watching the sun set and our evening meal to be complete. When I had my head in the ice chest, about 41/2 feet high, my feet were just off the sole of the cabin. I instantly stood up and looked to the starboard side and in the entryway to the nearest bunk was a man dressed in late forties early 50's attire. He was dressed Up for being shipboard. He appeared to have black skin and was sort of smiling but not overtly. My heart quickened, I wanted to speak, but glanced away and he was gone when I looked back.

I flew up the companionway to the deck and in an animated way, described the encounter with the rest of the crew. They were interested and we began some research of who it might have been.

Months pased and another crew member reported a similiar siting. The quest continued. The son of the original captain of the ship, provided some photos of the old working days of the ship and there he was!.

Captain Steadman recalled his father telling him that "Skinner" (my ghost) had worked onboard from 1939 to 1952 when he was killed onboard. He got caught in the cable gear while working and it killed him.

The same photo was given to the second crew that witnessed him and he confirmed the siting. We then went on to learn as much as possible about the older crew.

About four years ago, the ship had a reunion of all the old crew that were still alive. We attended and had a blast of course. The oldest crewman still alive is about 79. Jack wa the first mate for a number of years while the ship layed undersea telegraph cable.

My goodness, I went on and on. So sorry. This topic of spirits is wonderful and would be interested in others experiences. Thanks for listening. [Smile]