Micki,
I read your post with a heavy heart. I can't even put into words how sorry I am that your husband died so horribly. One can only pray that he is enjoying himself to the fullest and doing the things he enjoys in heaven; without PAIN! I also understand your "selfishness" as you call it. I have watched a dozen or so men die at the VA but not before getting close to them and their families and knowing full well that my time in line was coming. I pray that God will grant me peace when that time comes.

As far as the 3-prong generation goes, I started to say they will have a shock to their system when they realize the world does not revolve around them, and can be cold. Then, on second thought, I thought about all the younger generation that I know that go on missionary trips, don't drink and drive, stop to chit chat with me at work, hold a door open for me at stores, and you know what? I think I will focus on all the ones that apparently, have good moral character and happy homes. Although it saddens me when I think of the things that have been taken away from us all, as you mentioned, but, on the other hand, we have been given a lot as well. Maybe...just maybe...it's the half full or half empty thing? I will keep you in my prayers and hope you find the peace you need or want. You just remember this kiddo, you have friends here and we will support you. That's a guarantee and comes straight from the Queen herself! Now...would I lie to you? Okay, don't answer that. But, if you ever need a shoulder, write me. I'm here. Along with dozens of other caring, loving women. Am I right girls?