My Mom stayed home with me...and I was lucky enough to be able to stay home full time with my children...but times were different 30 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child...and my husband and I agreed to live within our means , meaning on his salary alone...30 years ago we bought our first house and paid only $32,000.
for it...my 29 year old single son just bought his first house...very similar in size and
style to our first and he had to pay well over $400,000.!!! I just think it's so hard for the young people today to make ends meet and have children on one salary alone.Everything just costs too much these days...who ever thought a gallon of gasoline would be approaching $3.00 per gallon...I think today's young Mother almost has to have some sort of income...many of my son's friends work part time for their companies after their maternity leaves run out...other companies are offering flex time schedules...some places even offer day care facilities on the premises...times have changed for sure...I'm not sure what my kids will do when the time comes for them to start families...my girls all say they want to be Stay at Home Moms like I was...I just worry that it might not be an option for any of them...time will tell I guess