I don'tregret one minute of staying home and raising a family. I wish my daughter could have the same luxury. I believe today it is a luxury when a woman can stay at home with her children. For most young moms today, working is a necessity. They need both incomes to support a household and in some cases the wife carries the health insurance. Another necessity.

When I got married in 1968 and got pregnant in 1969, I quit my job and stayed home for many years. Today, it isn't that easy. Young couples often want to buy their homes first, have two vehicles, travel, buy timeshares, etc. We put that stuff aside for a while so we could live on one income. We went without a lot of things. That doesn't mean our way was better, just the way it was then. When I see these kids today mortgaged to the hilt, with cars that cost as much or more than my first house, paying for health care and day care, timeshares and heavily into credit card debt, rents of $1000 a month, I just don't know how they do it. Granted they make more money than we did, but still, it doesn't seem possible. Not to mention trying to save for the future and for the education of their children. It can't be easy.

Louisa