quote:
I feel sorry for telemarketers. I'm sure they must be saddened by all the hangups and irritation they encounter and I figure they might be pretty desperate for money.

Okay, here is my sympathetic side to telemarketers. I worked one season for Lillian Vernon, and the calls for me were incoming. However, we were suppose to push this other package to our callers. I hated it!

Besides the fact that I felt the package was nothing but fraudulent. We couldn't let a caller go until we received, two confirmed no's. "I am not interested" is not considered a no. And our calls were actually recorded and then we were lectured on when our calls were not exactly to their satisfaction.

Everytime, I kept hearing a "I am not interested", deep down I was thinking. Come on, just say NO! NO! and then I can let you go so I will not get in trouble.

However, I just do not answer the phone. I figure I am making it easier for the both of us.

Bottom line, I have enough going on all the time, and I just get tired of my privacy being invaded. Not only that, the comeback questions when you are trying to be polite in saying no, is overstepping some bounds IMO.

Cheers,
Cathi