Jeannine,

In my opinion, I think it would take more than one weekend to make this assumption. There are so many variables involved. Economics, transportation, company, health issues, yada...yada...yada.

One thing to consider is that it was a holiday weekend and lots of people had cookouts, family gatherings, etc...and so this particular weekend might not have been the best one to make observances as people weren't possibly "out and about."

But on the other hand, I think you have a good point in that we need to be aware IF the signs are there we're becoming WITHDRAWN. To me, being reclusive is a matter of choice as I've stated previously, and shouldn't be made to sound like a bad thing by society's rules. However, withdrawing from family, friends, and fun, is another matter entirely and I agree that some of this does come with age.

I would like to add to the mix that lots of us "singles" don't have the funds to go "out" and mix all the time, or enjoy as many outtings. It's not a matter of being reclusive, but a matter of economics.

Thus, the vairables..I think the title of this post is misleading (although I don't know what other nomenclature you would use) and makes a blanket assumption that people who CHOOSE to be alone are somehow dysfunctional. K know I am, but it has nothing to do with being reclusive. HA!