JJ, you just expressed my own feelings; I hate that I don't have any close friend near where I live.
You may wonder why doesn't she have any close friends? Is it my three noses, and that I swing a whip around me while shopping…naaaw. I think I'm so normal that I may be abnormal. hmmm?
We used to have a wonderful circle of friends. That's when I sang in a gospel group. We also lived in a fantastic neighbourhood, where we weren't just neighbours, but really true friends. And then we moved.
I have no colleagues. We do have a few "couple" friendships. But it just seems everyone is so busy; including me. So, I know it's my fault as well.
I'm so very lucky and grateful that Hubby and I enjoy each others company and have the same hobbies; we are each other's best friend. But you can turn it and shake it and mix it whatever way you want…a Hubby is just not a girlfriend. I sometimes miss just a night out with a friend, seeing a "girlie" movie and getting giddy over a glass of wine afterwards. Well, it's too early for wine right now, but I definitely have found the next best thing in this forum. Salute'
PS. Wish we could meet for a cup of coffee, Dejavu!

Edited by Hannelore (08/28/06 08:58 AM)