If there are no health concerns to keep you tied to the home then by all means get out and meet people and do things. I enjoyed my solitude too much, but would go insane these days without human contact. I love my writers group and the mental challenges it offers me. I love to laugh with friends over tea or a game of cards. I enjoy church functions. There is a lot to do out there. I use to be reclusive to a fault because I worked at home on the phone. I edit now at home, but I get out to meet the authors and a motivational speaker friend of mine told me once awhile back. When you are feeling too lazy to get dressed or put on make-up, whatever and get out of the house, just imagine the people too sick to leave their beds let alone their homes and consider yourself lucky you can. Ever since then I make it a point to do one new thing each week, meet at least one new person. It works well for me and has put an end to my reclusiveness. I'll tell you how bad I got, I have a 2002 Hyundai I bought off the showroom floor in 2002 and it only has 5136 miles on it today, it still smells like a new car. Now thats just ridiculous.

Edited by chatty lady (08/26/06 10:53 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/