EBAY is a great place to sell things at a good price. They make it VERY easy to set up an account. They'll walk you through everything.

A few suggestions -

Only run a 3 day listing - even if you have to re-run it ---- it's worth it. There are thousands of items in every catagory usually so people look at the "just listed" and the "about to expires" and the rest just gets lost in the middle.

Have pictures - again - there are so many items that people "narrow it down" by pictures. Its the only way people know what they are bidding on. Take a picture on a regular camera -- if you have to - buy one of those $4 camera's from Wal Mart called Kodak Fun Saver 35 flash -- they take TERRIFIC pictures - and then have them saved to the CD -- that way you can upload them to EBay.
Again - EBay will walk you thru the process and their help/community center is terrific for problem solving.

The description is the main key to getting people to look for your item. They may do a search for what they are looking for so dont waste your space with WOW's or COME LOOK's -- put the brand name (if applicable) and as many ways of describing what it is.(Tiffiny 24 ct blue sapphire wedding ring - for example) The object being to put the words that YOU would use to search for an item you're interested in buying.

Then give as much information as you can describing the item -- and again PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES -- think about it -- would you want to buy something from a stranger somewhere in the world sight unseen ???

CYA !!!! cover your huhmmm. Say exactly what you mean. FOr instance - NO RETURNS or returns within 5 days but buyer pays the return shipping or insurance optional but ONLY guaranteed WITH insurance and spell out exactly what payments you will or will not accept. MAKE YOURSELF CLEAR so there wont be any EBAY Lawsuits. If you get bad ratings -- it will destroy your EBay reputation in a heart beat !!!!

You are dealing with millions of people - LITERALLY - so make yourself clear on what you have to sell -- how you are selling it -- and what guarantees you are offering. Basically - put yourself in their shoes. The more you make them feel they are dealing with an honest person the better your chances of a sale.

Go look at some of the items like you're going to sell. See what categories the majority of them are in - thats where people are looking. Look how the good ones are done and take notice of the bad ones so you dont make the same mistakes. EBay can be very successful if done correctly. I made over $1000.00 the first month I put my yarn shop items on there !!! (but i also worked my fanny off [Smile] )

Email me if you have any questions or if I can help -- (lionspaaw@aol.com)

but one warning -- EBaying is addictive [Big Grin]

GOOD LUCK !!!

carolyn