These are fun to read.

Flossie, painting picnics? That sounds fantastic.

Kathy, do you ever get together with any other kids from your childhood?

Blondi, what a horrible thing for her to say. Good for you for razzing her about it.

I have a group of friends I get together with once a month. We finally committed to this last year and we love it. We gather at one another's homes, favorite places, we even ventured out and saw Menopause the Musical together. We thought we were going to get kicked out because we were all laughing so hard. There was a man sitting near us who kept glaring. We didn't care. the show was funny and we weren't controlling ourselves for him.

Five of us have known one another since first grade. We picked up the other two in high school. this is so corny, but three of us married our high school sweethearts so all the guys know each other too. Every now and then we include the men...when they're lucky!

The beauty of it is that we know one another's sisters, brothers, parents, etc. We never have to explain ourselves. We understand one another totally and accept each other for who we are...and we're all pretty different in some ways.

I wrote an article about us. I might have to dig it out and post it here.