I think the most important thing we can do for each other is respect one another's choices when it comes to staying home or working. Couples need to do whatever works best for their families.

I've always stayed home and still work from home so I can be here for the kids.

I remember going to parties when my kids were little and feeling like I had to defend my position to stay home when everyone else was lawyering, managing, teaching, caring, etc.

Now I attribute that to my insecurity at the time and immaturity.

My husband and I decided before we were married that if there was a way for me to stay home I would. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom and care for my kids like my mom did. It didn't mean that I didn't aspire to be anything other than a mom, just meant that if I was going to have kids I was going to stay home and care for them the best I could.

I believe life goes in stages and our choice for me to stay home was my choice for that stage.

There were cetainly days that I wished I could have walked out the door and gone to work.

I have a dear friend who worked and she certainly had days when she wished she could have stayed home with the kids.

I remember talking to friends who were working and had all the time in the world to chat on the phone from work while I had to get off so I could tend to my kids. It was different, but what I chose.

My point is that we should simply accept one another for our choices and not judge based on what we think is best.

Also, funny that this forum has spoken most about caring for our homes and not our kids. What is a homemaker anyway? Just curious....