Anyone else on here a boomer who is just now becoming a full time homemaker?

As I typed that I realized that everyone who works to make a home for their family, whatever form the family takes and whatever form the home takes and whatever the work, qualifies as a full time homemaker. If making a home consists of more than just housekeeping and includes paying bills and supporting a lifestyle, then whether we work inside or outside the home, if our family is our first priority in one way or the other, we are all full time homemakers.

Problem is, until recently I could justify outside help because I had a very active career. Now that I’m home all day every day, having someone come in is not only a guilt trip, it gets on my nerves. So at mid life I’m trying to learn how to keep house (Somehow I missed that growing up--I guess Mom did it). Anyway, boy am I ever bad at this housekeeping stuff. It's about to drive me to take a "Real job" just so I can get someone to come in and do it for me. I get it done, but it takes forever and I’m such a klutz at it. My own inefficiency is making me nuts.

How do you who are experienced 'stay at home' type homemakers get all this time consuming housework done?

[ December 02, 2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]