Talk about tear jerkers and I mean that in the most understandable form. No, people can't be judged by their cover just like a book. I use to help prepare meals at a nursing home, I was a volunteer on week-ends but I use to get so upset by the ones that begged you to save them, help them, take them home, that I couldn't sleep at night and became very depressed. I stopped going. I am not proud of that but I couldn't deal with their pain and fear. "There for the grace of God go I," is a saying that is always in my head when I see indigent people on the streets. I like others fear them for what reason I don't know. I hand not money to people asking for money to buy food BUT I do take them into a restaurant and pay the waitess to feed them a good hearty meal. I refuse to give a drunk money for booze, so this way I know they get a meal. I agree with the others who've posted here, what a book this would make. Every Sunday after church my son and my 13 year old grandson Jason go to the mission and serve food, Jason reads to the children and God love him collects clothing for the poor as well. I prepare extra food when cooking and feed 2 old women living alone and have taken them on walks and to a movie once a month. When we have Thanksgiving or Christmas here at my house they are always invited and I hope have a good time. I think loneliness is a disease, whatdo you think?