She's magnificent, well in my opinion. She's got the gift of being able to make the lessons/path/life simple for regular people.

She spoke here years ago, maybe 5 or 6, maybe even more, years ago. She has been blessed with a wonderful talent for teaching and making it simple. I think she's wonderful for people who are just starting out in their Christian walk and want to learn how they're supposed to apply it to their life.

I tried to explain it to my mother (who was raised in Catholic school) once, the difference between "being religious" and "being a Christian", one is simply following the rules, the other is trying to live your life as a shining example; not so much so you look at yourself like "oooo look at me, I'm so perfect" but more simple, conducting yourself in a manner that puts your best effort forward; if you're at work, do your job 120%; if you're driving, be considerate of other drivers; if you're walking your dog, don't leave a mess; just think about how your Father in Heaven sees you. Would you stand and say "Yes Father, I've done the very best I could, and it is well with my soul."

Like that. Anyway, the book is interesting and Scott and I are reading it in tandem.

Kate