Hi Dianne

You're right, my question wasn't directed towards you and I can undertand why you want out of your friendship with the way your friend has abused you. That is totally uncalled for and you don't deserve to be treated like that by people who should really be your friends.

My question was directed toward what TVC15 had written. I simply cannot believe someone would turn their back on a lonely person. Ok, so maybe people have forced their own lonliness by acting a certain way towards their friends, much like your friend has done to you, Dianne, but people like myself have been through a tragic time to turn around aghast that people who I believed were friends just gone.

It was an incredibly lonely time so I reached out to my friends without success. God, that hurt. It wasn't lonely just for me but for my husband, too. We almost lost our baby son. Fortunately, he didn't die but he ended up severely disabled. Maybe that's what these 'friends' couldn't cope with which is understandable up to a point but to abandon you at your lonliest time, that is so wrong. Friends shouldn't do that to each other.

I feel like I've hijaked the main point of your post Dianne, so I want to apologise for that.

Take care
Itza