quote:
Originally posted by Dianne:
If people were backing away from you, wouldn't you begin to inwardly question that maybe it was you? If she had sent me a nice email asking me what was wrong I would have probably just continued having some kind of relationship with her but like most of our phone conversations, she was insulting. I think life is just too short to spend time with insulting, know it all people.

I've done this both with the en mass friends and the (ex)friend I mentioned earlier. It really doesn't work (for me anyway). What I find is that people want to avoid uncomfortable situations and will either lie about the reasons or ignore you completely than to be honest with the one asking the questions. It's not like I was being aggressive in either body language or verbalisations when I've asked the question if I'd done/said something wrong so, upto a point, I can understand why someone would lie, they didn't want to hurt my feelings, yet those who didn't want to lie just the silence path. Either way, some of us, deep down, know we're either being lied to or avoided and would appreciate peoples honesty.

Anyway, I've waffled on enough so I'll leave it here.

Itza

[ August 15, 2005, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Itza ]