I too had a friendship go south on me all because I was dating a person who from a different culture. The grandmother of this family passed and they rented me her place after I had separated from my first marriage. When they found out I was seeing someone who wasn't white enough for them they came to the house and
had me remove my personal belongings right then and there. Then sent me a very nasty letter afterwards about my pick of men to date.
Many of my friends wanted me to sue them for the eviction, take it to the media and so on.
I totally ignored them. My feelings were what goes around comes around. Guess what, it did!
The husband fell off their roof about a year later and died. The girlfriend was divorced with 2 years from her perfect little marriage. I haven't heard a word about them in years and they simply don't exsist in my world anymore. Me, I married that man and have a wonderful marriage of 14 years. Of course right now I do have that stepson problem that many of you know about, but that too shall pass.
Diane, I would write the letter to vent it out and not send it. Then let sleeping dogs lie.
Also say another prayer...
Let Go...Let God
Perhaps writing the letter in this forum may be a great way to help you make the right decision.
Hope that I have been able to help you as others here have helped me.
Mary