The Queen asked that I share the latest retreat I took part in, and we all know that what the Queen demands, da Queen gets.......so for those who are interested...

The topic for this one was "Forgiveness". I think we had over 30 people turn out for it. We had a Christian psychologist/counsellor lead the workshop. He turned out to be awesome. He "spoke" to everyone, not lectured. He just sat at the front and engaged the entire group in discussions around Forgiveness - what are the myths of forgiveness, why does God say that unless we have forgiven our neighbour we can't receive forgiveness, does forgiving mean forgetting - all sorts of stuff. He was funny and down to earth and the time flew by quite quickly. I couldn't help thinking of so many I knew that could benefit from a day like this, but all in its own time I guess.

I had to come up with an activity to fill a 45 minute blank time slot. So I created a "scavenger/easter egg hunt". I hid a few eggs around the church, divide everyone into groups, give each group a set of clues and had them look for one egg each. Inside each egg was a scripture reading and a symbol of Easter (i.e palm leaf, nail, etc...). Then each group had to come up with a picture/prayer/song/poem/skit relating to their symbol and what they felt about it, then present that to the rest........

The scavenger hunt also went well. Seemed like everyone had fun with it, and they were so creative with what they presented - we had skits and songs and pictures all done in a very short time frame.

The downside to having an activity turn out well, is that you get roped into more......anyone have a good recipe for roast lamb for a traditional Seder Supper?????