You're so right, Jabber. I remember 9/11 as being a gorgeous sunny early fall day with beautiful blue skies. I was watching the Today show, and Matt Lauer commented that they'd just heard that a "small plane" had hit one of the WTC towers.
Then Al Roker replied that he's just come in from outside, he'd seen the plane hit - and it didn't look like a small plane to him.
The next thing we knew, TV cameras were live on the scene, and I started realizing that those things that were falling out of the top floors of the building had to be bodies.
How surreal! I immediately had to call both of my kids, to make sure they were safe - even though they were nowhere near NYC.
And we ended up taking a small TV into the office that day, so employees could watch if they wanted to.
Turned out there was a lot of interest: our accountant's SIL washes skyscraper windows in NYC, and he was supposed to have been working at the World Trade Center. I believe it turned out that he was safe.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com