Jabber, I know what you mean: my husband complains lately that if he sleeps in the same position too long one of his hips starts to hurt.

I currently don't have issues like you are describing. I credit my sleep preparation procedures, which I do every night, with my ability to sleep very well.

(Oh, I do have to get up to go to the bathroom somewhere between 1-3x/night. But I get up, go and come back to bed with as little "muss and fuss" as possible, so that I can get right back to sleep. )

I DID have trouble with sleeping and leg discomfort during the months when I was recovering from my knee replacement surgeries. Early on, for example, I was taking pain meds again during the night. So I'd wake up for that.

Sometimes if the discomfort was bad enough, I'd get up and walk into the kitchen where I'd get a glass of milk and maybe a small bite to eat. And then I'd do a series of simple knee exercises at the counter. Using the counter like a ballet bar, to steady myself. All of this using only the light from a night light in the kitchen, to try not to wake up too much.

(I told my primary care doc about this. She thought exercising in the middle of the night was hilarious. But it worked for me.)

Then if I still didn't feel like I could get back to sleep, I'd go for my "nuclear weapon": I'd wrap myself in a blanket and try sleeping in the recliner chair we bought for me to use when recovering from the second surgery. It has heat and vibration, so I'd use that to help me get relaxed and pain-free, and then I'd finally get back to sleep.

IN an hour or so, when I'd next wake up, usually because the heat in the chair turned off and my blanket isn't keeping me warm, I'd head back to the bedroom and sleep there again.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com