For all of you who have been enjoying Downton Abbey over the years, I wanted to makes sure you are aware that over the next couple of years, many of the fashions of the show will be on display in about 6 museums around the US.

The exhibit is called "Dressing Downton." It's been at the Biltmore Estate, in North Carolina, and is scheduled to next arrive at the Paine Art Center and Gardens, in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, this June. The exhibit opens in Oshkosh in about 2 weeks - June 20th, 2015.

If you're unfamiliar with it, as I was, the Paine is, like the Biltmore Estate a very large "English Country home," also with beautiful gardens - except both exist in the US!

Next stop is Chicago, and the Driehaus Museum, which is also housed in an extraordinary mansion. Followed by the Taft Museum of Art in Cincinnati - again a beautiful mansion turned into a museum.

In fact, all of the selected museums are housed in what were once beautiful homes for our country's most financially elite families.

So the exhibitors are clearly trying to exhibit the clothing in a "suitable" venue.

I thought about trying to visit the exhibit at the Paine in Oshkosh this summer, but I think, I will wait to see it in Chicago next spring.

How about you? Anyone else interested in seeing this exhibit? I think the entrance fee is quite affordable, as the show is well-underwritten. The ticket in Oshkosh is just $14.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com