I was so heartened to hear this story this morning.

I wanted to share it, as I'm sure there will be theological discussing ensuing.

But I'm delighted to hear that Pope Francis says there is room in heaven for all God's creatures.
Here's part of the discussion:

Quote:
Citing biblical passages that assert that animals not only go to heaven, but get along with one another when they get there, Francis was quoted by the Italian news media as saying: “One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures.”

Theologians cautioned that Francis had spoken casually, not made a doctrinal statement.

The Rev. James Martin, a Jesuit priest and editor at large of America, the Catholic magazine, said he believed that Francis was at least asserting that “God loves and Christ redeems all of creation,” even though conservative theologians have said paradise is not for animals.

“He said paradise is open to all creatures,” Father Martin said. “That sounds pretty clear to me.”

Though I guess that also means, rats, mosquitoes and grizzly bears. Any thoughts?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com