Joan Rivers has died at age 81. While she is not technically a Baby Boomer, she was certainly a trailblazer. One of the first working women I knew of as a young girl. Especially at a time when few women were represented in the world of comedy. I loved her famous line, "Can we talk"

The world will miss her, no matter how we might have come to feel about shows like "Fashion Police," and critiquing celebs outfits at big events. A lot of people watched these shows she did with her daughter Melissa, though I wasn't one of them.

One thing I learned from Joan Rivers: her work ethic. Essentially she was working until she died.

I believe I have heard that with her husband managing their finances, they essentially went bankrupt. So while she might have thought she'd worked enough and could now retire, it wasn't that way. Once he died, she got out and started working to pay back the debt and have money to live on, and she never looked back. Nor did I ever hear her say anything against him or act like she felt sorry for herself.

(Listen to me: I'm speaking AS IF I knew her personally, which I certainly did not.)

Here's a link to more about her life: Comedy Legend and TV Host Dies
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com