Our pantry is full of Tupperware. In my younger days, I used to LOVE Tupperware parties so much, I would beg people to invite me (which they were glad to do, of course, since it upped their intake significantly, lol).

One time, I had a bug infestation in my food cupboard...a box of cereal I had bought was full of them and they quickly got into everything. Ugh. I had to throw out about 4 large garbage bags full of infested food. Terrible. Then I wouldn't bring any other food into the apartment unless I had a Tupperware container to put them in. It took awhile, but eventually I ended up with a cupboard full of various sizes and shapes of the stuff.

We're still using it all, and glad to have it. It looks nice, helps me to keep the stuff organized, and keeps the bugs out (though we've never had another bug problem since that first time).

But I never get invited to Tupperware parties now. I don't think I'd go anyway, because we have everything we need and no space for more.

I've also been to jewelry parties (which I thoroughly enjoyed), spice parties (also loved those ones), and makeup parties (not so much). But I haven't heard of, or been invited to, any such thing since we moved from Nova Scotia. I sort of miss them. But have saved a bundle of money. smile

(Maya Angelou)