Hi Di,

Several reasons, all of which will probably make me sound like a grouch.But here goes:

Mainly I am at a point in my life where I do not want to acquire extra "stuff." So no interest in buying makeup that I won't wear, or home decor that I don't need, etc.

Secondly I have very little spare time and that which I have I want to spend with people I know and love. I don't want to go to a "party" that is a sales pitch in disguise, because (a) if no one else is buying you get pressured by the presenter to "help" the hostess by buying, and (b)you always get a pitch to help the hostess be able to buy the stuff she wants for free by agreeing to hold a party of your own, which means (c) you are eventually encouraged to foist this experience off on other friends.

If I need something, I just want to buy it as fast as possible and be done with it. I don't want to turn it into a party.

Furthermore, I really don't like shopping, so I try my best to avoid it. And when I do, these days, I find I do most of my shopping online. Amazon Prime with it's free shipping and superfast delivery is a big friend of mine.

I DO like the concept of buying at farmer's markets, by the way. But I never go because I am not an early riser, and my experience says the early people get the most choice goods.

In short I just think I have better things to do with my time than go to a "party" whose main goal is to sell me stuff I don't want or need. I'd rather go to a party that was just a group of people getting together to enjoy each other's company and have fun.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com