I just read an article in which Robert DeNiro credits Boomers for saving his career: Because we still are willing to go to a movie theater to watch a movie!

I was a bit surprised by this because -- being generous in my estimation -- I don't think I've been to a movie theater more than 3 times in the last 8 years.

Oh, I see the movie commercials on TV. But I really dn't ever anticipate actually going to the movie theater to see them. do you?

Especially since the advent of the downloading services available via Netflix and Amazon. Not to mention movies shown on premium TV channels like Showtime, HBO. And, maybe best of all, the movie services offered by Direct TV.

Here's an article that talks more about what Netflix is up to.

The last movie I think I saw at the theater was probably the first Hobbit movie, which came out just over I year ago, as I recall.

But here in the Holmes household, we have "movie night" every Saturday night, and invite friends to come over for dinner and to watch a movie on our flat screen TV. We all take turns providing the dinners -- nothing too special. Just good, quick food. A magnificent dessert is imperative, by the way...

What about you? Are you the Boomer theater goers DeNiro's so thankful for?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com