Meridith.
While I dont' agree with most of what you have said I do agree with one thing. It's an old cliche that I firstheardyearsago when women were finally gettting equal wagesadn promotions.. "A man is considered a failureif he cant get a job. A woman is considereda failure if she cant get a man.

Summer Breeze.
I'm going to get into one of my more notorious habits and gender reverse this post. See if you would take the same stance if the genders were reversed.
==========================
I will have to admit I know nothing about this, being married 36 yrs and not dating since I was 17, what do I know???

I have had buddies that completely changed, friendship wise and personality wise once they started dating. They had both been divorced.

OK, here is where I get confused, I would think at the age of 54-56 we would be a little more mature than when we were 16. My latest experience is being with a friend on a vacation when at the last minute, the girlfriend is joining us for our "guys vacation". Luckily my brother-in-law was with me, so I wasn't left all alone.

I was surprised to see him running after her like a little puppy dog, ignoring that fact that they left me and my bro standing there. I was not about to do just what she wanted to do, I wasn't on a leash.

So to cut it short, I was surprised at how quickly people can turn into drooling, immature kids, not caring about others, giggling and acting like no one else was there.

So am I old or what?? This prob doesnt at all explain it, I understand that he will not be around much with me, which is ok. It just bothers me to see him completely drop what was his life and change it into her life in less than 4 months.
====================
There you have it summer. If the new girlfriend is you, if you end up intrudinginto this guys holiday, would you still expect him to pay as much attention to his buddies as to you?