That's OK, Jabber, to each her own. All the musical genres need supporters. I'm sorta partial to musicals. Really don't have a clue as to what is happening in pop music these days.

Anyway, I knew of Kristin Chenowith for years before I had any idea she was a singer. I first ran into her as an actress on one of my favorite political drama TV shows of the recent past, "The West Wing."

If anyone here besides me enjoyed that show, you may recall she played (I hope I have this spelled right) Annabeth Schott. Chenoweth's character joined the Bartlet administration in Season 6 as the Deputy Press Secretary for Media Relations following the promotion of the marvelous C.J. Cregg (played by the redoubtable Allison Janney) to White House Chief of Staff.

Chenoweth did not sing a note on that show, but she was a great addition to the cast!

Also, while Chenoweth seems to have made quite a name for herself playing in the musical Wicked, what I liked about the performance I linked to, was that she had created a wonderfully funny parody of a song from that show, "Popular," which she used to comment on the antics of Anthony Weiner, and advise his wife Huma, who had previoualy been known for her work as long-time aide to Hillary Rodham Clinton, to stand up for herself...

By the way, here's a a great scene from "The West Wing," featuring Allison Janney:
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com