Hello all. I'm new to the board, and very glad I found this wonderful place to share. This is my first post.

I can relate to this topic. I have a girlfriend (late 30's) who just remarried. We were very close before the wedding and now she doesn't even have time for a 10 minute phone conversation because it will take time away from him (he's a nice guy, no complaints on that end).

He's just taken a job where he has to travel some. Now she wants to get together because she'll be "lonely" while he's gone. Due to short notice, the only free time I have is the evening that he will arrive back home. She wants me to drive an hour to her town, to meet for a quick "meet and greet cup of coffee" so she can be there when he gets home.

I do not understand (nor admire) neediness. And she is one of the last people in the world I would have expected to behave like this. The happiness I do understand, she deserves it. I just think there is danger in putting all your eggs in one basket, so to speak, and not maintaining friendships.

Just my two cents worth.

Whirlwind