Steve and I have been married for 25 years now, and I still haven't learned not to ask him what he's thinking when he's been silent for ages. He usually give me some sort of answer that boils down to "nothing, dear." And of course, I don't buy that. My brain is always thinking something. and it just seems reasonable that his is too.

But maybe not. I just read an article titled What Your Husband Won't Tell You written by Ben Schrank, the author of a book called "Love is a Canoe," and it was not only quite revealing -- but it made me laugh.

And I read a few sections to Steve, who admitted that the guy is telling the truth!

So you might want to give it a quick read. And then let me know whether or not this article "speaks" to you...

Here's a quick tidbit:

Quote:
The Truth About That Look
Take any random afternoon. We are glaring. We are frowning. We have been silent for two hours. It does not mean we have stopped loving you. We're just driving the car or wondering why someone we report to hates us or missing Led Zeppelin and wondering if My Morning Jacket is the new Zeppelin and perhaps we're too old for that music but should we embrace it anyway if we had more time, if we were more comfortable with the Cloud and digital music... We are really getting worked up. But it's not about you. We love you. And we are not going to tell you why we were so unhappy-looking just now because we are embarrassed about it, and now that you've asked twice, the truth is we can't remember, and we are not going to admit that, either.

Here's a link to the book: Love is a Canoe
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com