Anne, you commented that many boomer women do not exercise regularly. That's not surprising, is it? Most of all of us don't exercise regularly. We have only to look at our eating and exercising habits a a group to see where this takes us.

Somehow, I have been a regular exerciser all my life. I guess I didn't mind the PE classes all that much, but my high school had an excellent mix of archery, trampoline, field hockey, gymnastics, --- you name it. I used to be a fairly serious biker, then moved into aerobics/step classes, then to home workouts with Taebo and The Firm and others, and now mix that with Zumba and nia classes and a little kettlebell. Oh, and walking!

My daughter made me feel good one day when she mentioned that I had set an example for her when she was growing up. (I honestly had not been thinking of that, but, you know, you are so busy it just seems like a blur).

I live in one of the fattest and most unhealthy states in the US. We have it all: diabetes, heart disease, smoking, (Of course they do not do PE here, but most places don't, I think). It's a real shame; I would hope we could introduce our kids to all sorts of movement. It's an additional shame that we are so entrenched in our bad habits and -- here, anyway -- have such a dislike of Obama that Michelle's campaign to promote healthy eating and moving is viewed as some sort of Communist plot. This used to be just normal living.

Edited by Ellemm (03/08/13 12:46 PM)