Just now jumping into this conversation, which I find fascinating! We all have similar Boomer backgrounds (I love your description of gym class Anne!) but our situations AND our DNA have landed us in different spots. I have to humbly say that I am younger now than I was 5 or 6 years ago. Part of that is that I lost about 50 pounds! But, I believe the main contributing factor was a change in my mind - the way I thought about myself and getting older.
There is a wonderful chapter in the Wayne Dyer book "The Power of Intention" about how very powerful our minds are in the aging process and in being healthy. Dr. Dyer taught me that if I "thanked" my body (and God, of course) for being healthy, beautiful and youthful, it would actually become more healthy, beautiful and youthful. Amazingly enough, I have found this to be true.
Recently I read a Blog of a new author friend who basically said we all aught to get over it and accept we are getting OLD! I wrote her back and told her I would be blogging a respectful rebuttal, because I just don't believe that!
Yes, aging is inevitable. But, our minds are so much more powerful than we realize! We can create more youth OR more aging according to how we program ourselves.
Well, there you have it! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! And sorry I've been away for so long. I've missed my Boomer Women friends and will try to put in my 2 cents more often! (Hey, does anybody say 2 cents anymore?)
Blog: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6037984.Marsha_Roberts/blog