Welcome! I'm not much help, I'm afraid, since I never had children and both of my parents have been gone for over 10 years now. But I can echo what others here have said, that this time with your Moms is precious and won't ever come again...to be blessed with the time and opportunity to help them through these elder years is something I would have loved to have been able to do. As I read through your post, I think I can see you leaning more toward staying put for now.

Nothing is written in stone...if there's no clear push from within yourself to move elsewhere, then perhaps that's because your heart wants to stay put...later, if your heart and circumstances change, you can move accordingly.

We have good friends who are permanent RV'ers. They spend six months based in Arizona and travel around as finances permit, and then spend six months in Canada, visiting family and friends here. They love the lifestyle, and the freedom to roam wherever the wind takes them. While it hasn't been as much a free choice as it might be for others, it's probably been a blessing in disguise in many ways for you.

I'm rambling here. I think the bottom line is to make the choice that will best suit where your heart wants to be right now. We've often contemplated moving to places because of the people who live there now, but that's not always the best reason to make a life-changing choice like that. It really does have to be what YOU want, because you have to imagine what it would be like to live there if those people WEREN'T there - life changes, jobs change, people move...the bottom line is that it has to be somewhere you would want to be no matter who lived there.

Edited by Eagle Heart (01/22/13 03:22 PM)

(Maya Angelou)