I'm with you, Mountain Ash, I have my own style which has evolved over the years and is based on what looks good on me. I'm no longer the slave to fashion I was in my 20s!

I LOVE cashmere turtleneck sweaters and have several of them. Sadly, a few of my faves have worn out over the years, but right now I am rotating between black, purple and a red one that's only partially cashmere, plus a peach on occasion... My white one and my light blue both have one sleeve that's shredded -- same sleeve.

Apparently I must have rested my elbow in a place that wore holes in the right elbow. I entertain thoughts of how to repair these sweaters in a way that looks stylish enough that I could wear them again. But so far I just have the sweaters saved in my closet.

Other that that, I wear cords and for shoes -- flats. In the house, I skip the shoes and just wear gray wool socks. Keeps my feet warm and they're comfy. I probably need to invest in a new pair of shoes and a pair of boots this year. The boots especially, if we have lots of snow.

I also have a couple of good wool cardigans, a wool wrap and and a boiled wool blazer I pull out when I need more warmth. And of course, I have a black skirt I wear when the occasion is dressier than the cords.

This works for me...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com