I don't watch the new Katie Couric show, but I have read the book, "Heaven is for Real," which is about Colton Burpo's near death experience, and how he told his parents that while hospitalized, he'd been to heaven.

I am a total believer in miracles and heaven.

I am not surprised that Marcia says she saw miracles when she was an OR nurse. I have talked to many nurses and docs who have also told me that they not only believe in -- but have experienced -- medical miracles.

One story was from an orthopedic surgeon. My recollection of his story is that he actually saw a leg bone grow longer.

IMHO, it's hard not to believe, when scientifically trained people keep reporting things they've seen which have no scientific or medical explanation.

And I know that when my first husband was diagnosed with cancer, his doctor gave him a book -- wish I could remember which one -- and urged him to read it. It was a book about the importance in believing in the power of prayer and in miracles.

My first husband was a totally lapsed Roman Catholic, and I have no idea whether or not he ever read the book. (But I do know he did not experience any sort of miracle relapse of his cancer.)

Medically, I am all for believing in miracles, but I would not ever choose to suspend all medical treatment in favor of just standing by and waiting for a miracle cure. I figure God can always use earthly help.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com