I don't know about you, but everything always costs more than I think it will when I travel... For example, I love cruising, but even though cruises are billed as "all-inclusive," and meals and much on-board entertainment is included, they still find dozens of ways to "ding" you, like the ship photographer, for example. Or the special wine with dinner -- or all those wonderful shore excursions you can book once you get on board...

I mean, what's the point of going to Alaska if you don't get off the ship and experience the communities, right? (Well waking up and looking at a glacier out your window is pretty cool, I admit.)

But that sea kayak trip, or the helicopter ride to see and walk on the glaciers, or the day trip on the narrow gauge train are NOT included.

And even if you just walk off the ship and toddle around town on foot, the local merchants are "gunning" for you.

Steve and I managed to keep our on-shore adventures -- and expenses -- under control, (and the helo ride to see and walk on the glacier is to die for - don't miss it!) but we could have spent thousands on stuff like full length fur coats, if we'd been interested...

So I thought I'd share this article from Kiplinger that offers links and descriptions for 23 sites designed to help you save on on airfare and lodging.

Some of them I'd heard of, like Kayak and Priceline, but others were new to me.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com