Here's the best I understand it, but it doesn't make sense. (Sometimes I think Mr. Morris is too in love with the sound of his own voice to be taken too seriously).

Anyway, here are the possible scenarios:

1. Obama loses in November and Romney is elected.

2. In 2016, Obama could present a problem to Hillary Clinton running for president if he decides to run again. Remember, you can serve two terms, but if you have only served one, you can run again. If Obama went against Hillary, it would be bad for her aspirations for president.

This makes no sense. First of all, no one knows if Hillary wants to run for president anyway. Second, I seriously doubt that Obama could lose the election in 2012 and manage to be renominated in 2016. It just doesn't work that way. Once you have lost you are out.

And the third and biggest reason, if Romney wins in 2012 and Hillary seeks to run against him in 2016, she'd have to try and unseat an incumbent, which is really, really difficult to do. Not impossible, but a very uphill strategy. If Hillary wants to run in 2016, she'd have an easier path with an outgoing Democratic president and a strong Democratic party.

So there. It doesn't make sense to me that Bill Clinton would want Obama to lose because none of the 2016 strategies are helped by him losing. Just silliness, and there's plenty of that around....

Edited by Ellemm (09/09/12 04:42 AM)