Well this pretty much grossed me out, LOL. Thanks Anne! I've never heard of using Kool Aid to clean the dishwasher, it's no wonder my body has an aversion to the stuff, it must know what's in there.

I used to love my little sips of Coca cola, especially when we travel and I can't find fresh natural water anywhere. But now with Type 2 diabetes, even a few sips can wreak havoc on my sugar. But it really pains me to think of pouring those precious little glass bottles of coke down the toilet.

I'll have to look into the whole dishwasher thing...we have one and in the 12 years we've lived here, have used it maybe 5 times. The last time we used it, it left dried mashed potatoes all over every single dish and piece of cutlery, so we had to wash everything again by hand. Hubby fixed the problem but neither one of us have any desire to use it ever again. But it's just the two of us normally, so very few dishes to wash up.

So it would be nice to find another use for this thing that takes up so much precious space in our teeny-tiny kitchen (hubby refuses to take it out even though we never use it).

(Maya Angelou)