It is so easy for us to criticize this woman from the safety of a marriage. But I wonder how many of us would confront our husbands to tell him to leave a girl thing if it might mean the end of the relationship. That's the position in which your friend finds herself. She no longer has the security of a legally binding marriage. All a single man or woman has to do is walk away.

Though some women who get divorced at this disgusting age seem to become total idiots, usually it is just a stage. Your friend may be acting like a teenager simply because she has in some ways returned to that status in life.

We are created to flourish in pairs. But that doesn't mean we can't be happy as indiviudals. I was a very happy single person, which does not mean I did not want or need a mate. It meant that I didn't want just any mate and I did not focus on finding one. And most important, it did not mean that I was was less than a whole.

If you love her as a friend, you may have to accept her for what she is, like us all a changing organism for whom girlfriends are not first priority at this moment. She will get past this stage.
smile

[ January 03, 2005, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]