Jan, you may be "preaching to the choir" here: I agree with you that there is life after divorce, and there are several other active members here in the forum who have also lived through divorce and experienced a better life with husband #2.

Not sure it always takes "working your butt off," on "your own issues." Sometimes the first husband just turns out to be a jerk who doesn't understand the concept of fidelity. Or he becomes an abusive drunk. In other words, sometimes WE leave THEM...

In my case, all it took me to find my soul mate was perseverance -- it was a huge effort to find time -- between my hours at work and my life as a parent -- to get myself out of the house and meet new people.

To do so I joined church committees, a political party, a business club and a gym as I am not and never was a "bar person."

Eventually (OK almost 5 years and a number of frogs later) magic happened: I met the my prince, sparks flew and we were married less than a year after we met. That was 25 years ago.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com