I will have to admit I know nothing about this, being married 36 yrs and not dating since I was 17, what do I know???

I have had 2 girl friends that completely changed, friendship wise and personality wise once they started dating. They had both been divorced.

OK, here is where I get confused, I would think at the age of 54-56 we would be a little more mature than when we were 16. My latest experience is being with a friend on a vacation when at the last minute, the boyfriend is joining us for our "girls vacation". Luckily my sis-in-law was with me, so I wasn't left all alone.

I was surprised to see her running after him like a little puppy dog, ignoring that fact that they left me and my sil standing there. I was not about to do just what he wanted to do, I wasn't on a leash.

So to cut it short, I was surprised at how quickly people can turn into drooling, immature kids, not caring about others, giggling and acting like no one else was there.

So am I old or what?? This prob doesnt at all explain it, I understand that she will not be around much with me, which is ok. It just bothers me to see her completely drop what was her life and change it into his life in less than 4 months.

Maybe I should have put this under Whine....