Hi cathouse,

I have not read the books, but I can tell you my husband is hooked on the TV show. I chose not to watch it when he started, but he has become a true fan. And he keeps trying to share the story lines with me. (I keep singing "la la la" in my head and trying not to get involved. I have enough TV shows that I already watch...)

But I am starting to see bits of the story enter mainstream vernacular. For example, I saw an article the other day titled "Baby Boomers: Winter is Coming."

For those here who, like me, aren't up on their "Game of Thrones" trivia, "Winter is Coming" is essentially the mantra of the Family Stark. At least as far as I can tell...

Apparently the warning phrase is not so much a weather forecast as it is a warning that one must maintain constant vigilance. In both the book and TV show, the Starks are the lords of the North, who strive to always be prepared for the coming of winter, which hits their lands the hardest.

What more can you tell us, cathouse?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com