Hi Jabber,

I Tweet to my own account, @anneholmes and also on the NABBW Twitter account, @babyboomerwomen.

The main difference is that with Twitter, you have to be very economical with your comments, because you only get 140 characters per Tweet.

And if you want people to retweet (RT) what you said, you need to use LESS than 140 characters, so they can type in "RT@anneholmes" or whomever they've quoting, in front of your comment before they send it out. Which means I like to keep my tweets to about 117 characters.

Other than that, you can follow people on Twitter, which means you are fed their Twitter feed, AND of course, people can follow you.

You can include hyperlinks to web sites and images in your Tweets, but since many URLs are so looong, you will want to use a service that compresses the URL. There's one built into Twitter, but some people prefer to use their own.

NABBW did a teleseminar on use of Twitter and FB awhile ago. And I took an online class in how to use the service for marketing purposes. But, if you just want to use it to communicate with friends, it's pretty easy.

Of course, the newest tool for this sort of communication is Google Plus. It's making a big play to replace FB...

Anyone using Google Plus? If you are, let me know and I will add you to my NABBW circle.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com