Oh, I hear you. Being attracted to someone else and being married, though, are two separate things. Liking to be with someone isn't the same as long-term situations like going to work, fixing things around the house, paying bills, or raising children.

Even with the best intentions, there are going to be marriages that don't work out. But we already know plenty of situations that are tailor-made for failure: marrying too young, marrying because someone is pregnant, lack of employment, incompatibility with finances, drug or alcohol or violence proglems, etc.

I think the bigger issue comes with children. Men and women come together and break up all the time, but children are there to stay. Do we pay much attention beforehand? Oh, heck no. What we can do is encourage each other to think before we leap off that mountain in the first place: do you want to mix your money and home with this person? Do you see him/her as a good parent? Have you even talked about children? How does this person treat the rest of your family? Have you talked about anything?

By the way, I happen to live in a common-law marriage state. People here can claim all the benefits of being married if they have lived together for a certain period of time.

And I can offer as the latest exhibit in marital foolishness Kim Kardashian filing for divorce today, after 62 DAYS of marriage and a $10 million wedding. What a joke.