Since I've already watched Oprah interview JK Rowling in the past year, you can bet I'll be watching that Lifetime movie on JK Rowling later this week.

I have to admit, I am quite taken by the fairy tale story of her life: As I understand it, she's a Brit who moves to Portugal in her 20s, marries and has a child. Her husband physically abuses her while she is holding her child. She leaves him and returns to England, taking only herself, the child and the notebooks of stories she has been writing. Once in England, she becomes a single mother on welfare, who writes in coffee shops, the child sitting by her side in a stroller. Then the books catch fire, and she become one of the world’s wealthiest women.

Sounds like a fairy tale in itself, but it is true.

I think any woman who once spun her own tales of fantasy to her children, as I did when my kids were young, can imagine herself in this scenario.

Here's a link to see more about the Lifetime movie, "Magic Beyond Words: The JK Rowling Story

I know it is an unauthorized story, as Rowling is very private, but I'll be watching anyway...

Edited by Anne Holmes (07/18/11 09:00 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com