Hi Ronda, The Story Lady!

Welcome to the BWS forum. We are delighted to get to know you, and I've been enjoying your posts.

Just had to chime in about one of the books you mentioned, "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo." I got it, and the second book in the trilogy as Christmas presents from my son, and have now read both of them.

I DO agree that the book starts out slowly, but what is amazing to me was discovering that that 700+ page book is ONE-THIRD of a trilogy.

Essentially the story arc covers 2100 pages.

So he (author) does start out a bit slowly, as there is so much groundwork he has to lay.

Based on my opinion, but I will be interested in what others have found, the book is worth the effort to read.

And, you can stop at the end of that book, if you want. The ending is satisfactory enough. BUT the third book books picks up seconds after the second one ends.

so if you decide to read "The Girl Who Played with Fire" be warned that you will NOT WANT TO MISS "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest."

By the way, I am only one chapter into the third book, so I don't yet have any idea how it ends...

I've heard Nordic fiction is a bit dark. So I am hoping for a happy ending of some sort...

Edited by Anne Holmes (02/01/11 06:46 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com