I recall that past generations have passed remarks about the younger generation.And then no doubt we would wonder what the fuss was.
Standards vary but coupled with my dismay at the negative attitude most of the group in the documentry expressed there is a deep sadness that this seems to be the ethos...that these youngsters have inherited a world that has less jobs and therefor they dont get the stabilty of an apprentiship or secure workplace.
I joined the workforce straight from school indeed had a choice of work opportunities..soon I was part of a firm where personal and social development was absorbed as well as having my own salary.
In some ways these youngsters I descibe seem more sophisticated but behind the veneer there is a scared part which presents as devil may care..and of course failing again reinforces this.
Group work may show personal growth as the series unfolds..
My reaction was so strong.....I was actually looking away and squirming in my chair... having thought about how much I reacted lets me understand this is a sad situation in need of a solution.