MG, I'm a firm believer in the benefits of counselling, and wouldn't hesitate to go if/when I need a sounding board to help me sort out all the mess and chatter going on in my head 24/7. I've been seeing therapists off and on for about 20 years now, and have seen a few doozies in that time, but never had one forget my appointment (here, psychologists aren't covered under our universal health care, so if the therapist doesn't show up, they lose ~$150 for that hour!) I can'be believe she didn't even phone you!

I agree with Anne, if this one doesn't meet your needs or provide a safe caring environment for you, find another one! I've had to do that on occasion. I detest having to do it, but I know now who clicks and who doesn't...and if there's no "click", it's probably not going to be all that it can be for you.

My last therapist was/is wonderful, and I suspect I'll go back to her again when the need arises, though her prices are out of my budget range, so I can only go for a few sessions at a time.

Anyway, I hope this one does help you. I always appreciate the insights and the morale boosting that therapy provides.

(Maya Angelou)